About the job
Sincere Developers and Builders is hiring a Construction Superintendent with experience building ground up commercial buildings. Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about construction and desires to develop their career in a rapidly growing company with the opportunity to continue working for Sincere after those projects are complete. Your responsibilities will include on site project supervision in collaboration with the Project Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and make decisions in regards to performance of construction relating to schedule, material delivery, logistics and quality control
- Responsible to ensure all relevant team members complete their duties accurately and efficiently per project schedule and budget,
- Coordinate project build with owner and company management on the day to day constructions activities of each assigned project
- Lead project implementation and setup requiring interfacing with architect and engineer
- Create project schedule and determine the critical path in relation to all activities to complete project on time.
- Oversee work assigned to subcontractors and/or trade labor to promote a unified approach to each project.
- Coordinate with local entities regarding inspections and procedures to ensure projects are in compliance and built to code
- Oversee subcontractor work and scheduling, schedule material delivery with vendors, and coordinate with inspectors and the local government to promote a coordinated project operation
- Process client billing in conjunction with management
- Identify and predict project related conflicts and work with management/project manager/sub contractors/vendors/inspectors to resolve them
- Manage and make decisions related to the performance of work related to quality control, subcontractors staffing, scheduling and material delivery
- Implement the terms and conditions of the contract based upon established systems, policies and procedures including bidding, preparing contract documents, defining and monitoring compliance with documentation requirements, defining and monitoring compliance with the submittal process and project close out
- Ensure all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current for the term of the project. Act as liaison to inspection agencies.
- Work with management to continuously modify company processes to improve quality and optimize efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years of building construction experience required (10 years preferred) as a Superintendent
- Thorough knowledge in all aspects of building systems with an emphasis on MEP
Complete understanding and proficiency in:
- General and subcontractor documents
- Drawings and specifications
- Constructions means, methods and materials
- Knowledge of building codes and compliance
- Experience with scheduling and project management software
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Keeping a keen eye on detail
- Ability to direct multiple crews on site